The N’DIGO Scholarships were established in 1995 by the N’DIGO Foundation in partnership with numerous colleges, universities, corporations, foundations, and generous individuals. By providing these scholarships, which range from $1,000 to full tuition, the N’DIGO Foundation honors the achievements and memories of great community leaders by increasing college and graduate school enrollment— particularly among deserving students from the Chicago metropolitan area.
Eligibility & Instructions
In order to be considered for a scholarship, students must be in High School and reside in the Chicago metropolitan area. Students must submit ONE envelope/packet that includes the following:
• Scholarship Application Form
• An Official Transcript (in a sealed envelope)
• One Letter of Recommendation (from a teacher, counselor or other school official)
• An Essay of 500 words or less explaining why you should receive the scholarship, including an explanation of your career goals and any activities, interests, experiences, or achievements that support your position. (Essays must be typed and double-spaced).
All applications must be received in the N’DIGO office (1006 S. Michigan Ave. #200, Chicago, IL 60605) by June 1, 2012, by 3p.m. No fax or electronic copies will be accepted. Please no telephone calls. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any question
Selection Criteria & Process
Recipients are selected based on the merit of their application, as well as their GPA, extra-curricular involvement, essay and recommendation. Once completed applications are received, they are reviewed by the N’DIGO Foundation Scholarship Committee which is composed of community leaders, educators and business people. Recipients will be notified by June 15, 2012. Recipients are expected to attend the N’DIGO Gala on June 30, 2012.
Send Entries To: The N’DIGO Foundation • Scholarship Committee
1006 S. Michigan Ave. #200, Chicago, IL 60605
• Applicant must be a U.S. citizen and currently reside in the Chicago metropolitan area.
• Incomplete applications will not be considered.
• All application materials should be sent together.
LATE, Faxed or electronic application materials will not be accepted.